June – August 2014
Celebrate the local flavor of Central Oregon during the region’s largest food festival. The Bite of Bend is a two-day food party on the streets of downtown Bend!
2014 Bite of Bend Highlights:
- THE BITE. Bring your appetite and feast on small plates ($1-$2 each) and libations from the best restaurants in the region.
- TOP CHEF COMPETITION. Watch eight rock-star chefs knock each other out in a live kitchen battle.
- BEER RUN. Run a 5k the Central Oregon way, with craft beer breaks!
- BITE WEEK. Explore your culinary side with experiential classes, demos and chefs’ dinners all week, June 22-29
The Bite of Bend also brings Locavore Alley full of local artisans and purveyors sure to inspire your home kitchen with fresh ingredients and new tools. Live music and kids’ activities, too!
Sisters Outdoor Quilt Show’s mission is to educate and inspire the public about the art of quilting and to benefit the school and community groups of Sisters and Central Oregon. The show began when the founder, Jean Wells Keenan, hung a dozen quilts made by her students outside her quilt shop on a Saturday in July. A few more ladies brought their quilts to show, then a few more and a few more. The show became an annual event, hosted by the East of the Cascades quilt guild. As the show gained in size and popularity it outgrew the resources of the guild. In 2003, an Executive Director was hired to manage the show and new events were added including the Around the Block Quilt Walk and Fiber Arts Stroll, Wish Upon a Card and other fundraisers for local causes. Walk the streets through Sisters and admire the amazing quilting and small Western town.
The RBC Balloons Over Bend Children’s Festival brings families, visitors and businesses together in a community celebration that has something for every generation and demographic to enjoy.
- Enjoy the picturesque balloon launches on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday mornings at sunrise, weather permitting.
- On Friday night at dusk, festival-goers are invited to experience NightGlow, when each balloon is lit up, weather permitting.
- The Children’s Festival runs from 10am-5pm on Saturday and 10am-2pm on Sunday with over 60 activities including bouncy houses, face painting, crafts and educational opportunities.
Come to the Crook County Fair for fun, games and a full country fair experience.
For More Information, visit the brochure.
The 11th Annual Bend Brewfest quenches Bend’s thirst for fine craft brews with over 125+ beers and 50+ brewers. The 2014 festival will be held at the Les Schwab Amphitheater on Thursday, August 21, 3 to 11 PM, Friday, August 22, 3 – 11 PM, and Saturday, August 23 from noon-11 pm. We get great beer into the hands and bellies of awesome people.